Picker Tweaks

by Nexela

Adds various small data tweaks for adjusting base values of items. Tweaks are adjustable via Mod Settings and most start off at factorio defaults.

1 year, 11 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b particle source causes mod to fail to mod on start up

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The message: Error while loading entity prototype "nuclear-smouldering-smoke-source" (particle-source): particle source must have defined 'particle' or 'smoke' or both
Modifications: Base mod > Picker Tweaks

After some rudimentary search, I notice particle-source is in your dependency, 'Factorio Standard Library', but I know not enough to go any further.

Thank you for your marvellous mods, the fact you have many of these tweaks in one place means that many seperate mods need not to be used.

3 years ago

The error is caused by the "disable smoke" option. If you uncheck it, you can start the game without error.

3 years ago

Thank you, eyekoms, that helped immensely. I erased my mod_settings.dat file, and then restarted, and it defaulted to an unchecked 'disable smoke' setting.

Thank you again.

3 years ago

You're welcome! I guess your solution is a bit quicker than my solution...I downgraded to 0.18.47, unchecked the option and re-upgraded to 1.0.0... xd

3 years ago

While that is a temporary solution, I hope our mod author can produce a permanant solution in the near future.

3 years ago

The big problem is I dont notice... or remember after I notice about these issues. If someone would be kind enough to post it on github issues that would be awesome

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Made a bug report here. I really don't want to redo all my mod settings..

EDIT: Oh, I can disable smoke tweaks from within the mod. Just setting the value in prototypes/smoke-tweaks.lua to false works just as well.

New response