Personal Assistant

by withers

Adds a personal assistant who will help you manage your base.

6 years ago

g Creating Assistants?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Just installed. Hitting CTRL-A and just getting a beep. Not sure how to create "assistants" in order to manage them.
Regards,
~B

Nevermind: I just saw that a new game is required. I guess I'll hold-off until the Wear and Tear functionality is added.

6 years ago

0.0.3 makes it so you just get 3 free ones whenever the mod is first loaded.

I haven't worked out yet how players should acquire new ones.

6 years ago

OK, I've now tried 0.0.4 in a current world. I see the 3 assistants. I put them in the world. They are motionless. I hit CTRL-A and just get a beep...No gui. Am I doing something wrong or is there in issue related to when I installed the mod as 0.0.1 forgetting that they were for new games?
~B

6 years ago

Nevermind, I see the gui on the left hidden below some over left guis. Shame there isn't a center screen gui option.

6 years ago

I did notice that some of the PA chat was spilling out of the GUI.

More importantly, I just got a game-ending-error, when I tried changing the robot skin with 3 PAs already out and about in my save. Some sort or respawn issue.

6 years ago

Was the chat spilling out the side or the bottom? It should be wrapping down.

I'm able to switch skins with no errors. Was this from a save on a previous version?

6 years ago

"Nevermind, I see the gui on the left hidden below some over left guis. Shame there isn't a center screen gui option."

There's options for top, left and center. Haven't looked at it yet but I figure center would be too much in the way for people wanting to leave the gui opened.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

The chat was spilling out below the bottom gui border. It was wrapping down, but also spilling out at the same time.

Next time I try I'll paste a link with the specific error message.

I would love to at least have the option of center (or top even) as I don't plan on keeping the gui open, personally. I also have enough going-on on my left side is my main issue. If this can be a "per player" setting that'd be awesome!

Thanks,
~B

6 years ago

I've added settings options for top, left or center for the next release.

6 years ago

Thxs!

New response