Personal Assistant

by withers

Adds a personal assistant who will help you manage your base.

6 years ago

g Thumbs up

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Great idea, I felt kinda lonely being alone in a concrete megabase surrounded by voracious aliens. I'm trying this out right away \°^°/

6 years ago

Thumbs up +1 as well!

Can't wait for more functionality. Are you accepting suggestions?

6 years ago

Thanks!

Will take requests on useful commands if it's not too difficult.

Currently my plan is to add a "fetch" option next, which will send the assistant off looking for a specific item to bring to you.

Then I'll start getting into the wear and tear stuff. I'd like to have the assistant walk around the base, repairing old equipment that needs maintaining.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yeah, I re-checked out wear-n-tear and am not sure about using alien stuff to fix stuff. Is that going to be optional?

I'll begin thinking up some task ideas to throw your way.

6 years ago

lol. Yeah wear and tear is not for everyone. I'll keep this as a stand-alone that "plugs in" to wear and tear.

btw, when you say "using alien stuff to fix stuff", you mean using the alien goop to repair equipment?

6 years ago

Yes.

Also, just thought of an option. Coloring the assistant like you would your character. Nothing fancy like Color Picker, but maybe the games default set of colors on certain parts of the assistant. Ofc, allow each to have their own color option.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Been playing around with the PAs. Tried all 3 skins with no issues, so far.

Haven't messed around with "Wood Harvesting" or having them participate in enemy battles...yet.

So here are some possible thoughts/ideas for your review:
-Allow them to show up in the map with their name if that is toggled on to show
-Give them belt-immunity (I see them getting whisked away by powerful blue belts)
-Make them suffer (or be buffed) with tile walking-speed penalties/boosts
-Possibly give them inventory space to be used as mules
-Color options (as mentioned above)
-Upgradeable (different armor types and weapon load-outs)
-Sound/Noise/Voice

That's enough to digest for now...

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I also have a very minor suggestion, not worth opening it's own topic:
the default hotkey to open the assistant's interface (ctrl+A) prevents me from running left while holding ctrl to empy/fill machines, so I'd change it. As I said it's something minor since the hotkey can be changed in the menu, I just find odd that it conflicts with a major hotkey from the base game.

6 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions. All do-able stuff. Some more so than others.

I'll take a look at the color options and add more sounds/noises next. (sounds are easy to find online) Also will change the hotkey in the next update.

New response