Ore Bomb

Bombs that generate ore patches.

6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16

i compatibility with bob's ore & ect.

6 years ago

right now there's one thing that I wanna see in the mod:

if the person has the bob's ore mod installed, then there should be ore bombs for the bob's ores (mainly since I use all of the bob's mods)

however there's two other things I would like to see but is not necessary:

1. research required:
    (this sorta goes with 2.)
    it's rather powerful to have ore grenades (that are free)right at the start:
    they should be unlocked with the research that gets you grenades in the first place,
    or they could be unlocked within there own research, your choice

2.Giving the ore grenades a cost (since they are free)

even if you had a research for the grenades they are still free (aka they have no cost but a second) so maybe they could cost some ore and a grenade (makes sense)

and...that's all I want to suggest

I don't mind if it takes a day or a week
and I hope it made sense,
and I hope you don't get stressed over something while doing a update to it

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Added support for bob's ores plus proper names (v0.0.3).
I made those grenades free and available at the start so that you can turn ore generation off and place your own ore patches where ever you'd like them, I'll add a mod setting for it to keep it free or require >>something<<.
Will look into adding research and crafting cost now.
Thanks for the feedback!

6 years ago

your welcome, Nebelwolfi!

6 years ago

Thank you very much for adding Bob's ores. However, I'm watching a little problem with fissure.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/836955143272249265/E966AD84F36C527EF58FF07ED99CDFC1E5CFEAC6/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/836955143272249592/1E195A492DDFDA4A1D1D3580E132A309E1266327/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/836955143272249800/3F45B91C03EFAC1DCD563F0F577D2A6297C398B4/

Fissure is too much, they are located too close and they are almost exhausted. Please consider the possibility of correction.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I could see a "Free" setting to be useful (or required) for an island map!

If a crafting recipe seems like too little for what the player gets, suggest ramping up the crafting time to something much longer (would then cost more energy and time) if no recipe seems to truly balance what the player is essentially getting. A time&energy cost seems like the only other way i can think to balance it out. Of course if you wanted to use the energy-requirement as a balancing mechanism, you'd want to disable hand-crafting, but for an island-map where no ores generate, then it is impossible to progress in the game, so...idk

6 years ago

What about being given 10 K worth of ore in the start and having a recipe from the start with 1000 to 700 ratio as a start. Maybe takes 300 sec in marathon (2.4 hours until next ore), 100 in normal (only 20 minutes). Then some research adjusts 1 bomb of other ore is 10 bombs in recipe AND research needed to unlock such recipe. Such as you start from nothing and then expand from there to all bombs. (if ore stack cannot be overcome then proper ratios with time and ore to be used)

New response