Off World Shipping Co

by Nebri

This mod randomly generates a shipping order that must be blasted off into space using the rocket silo. Each time you complete the shipping order, a new one will be generated with a slightly higher demand. The idea was to give your mega base something infinite to work towards. Please report any issues / bugs on the github issue tracker. I will do my absolute best to resolve any concerns.

5 years ago
0.15 - 0.16

g Multiple orders to choose from

5 years ago

I really like the idea of this mod. I've planned to create a similar mod some time ago but I never really got into it. What I would appreciate very much is some sort of contract system. The idea would be that you have many different orders to choose from, all with different item types, numbers and deadlines. Maybe even with some kind of reward/penalty if you make it in time or not (don't know what the reward might be though). I would imagine it somehow similar to the contract system in Airline Tycoon (https://goo.gl/images/YYBLrs). That way you would allow a bit more freedom in game play as the player could choose only the orders he/she likes.

5 years ago

Your certainly not the first to suggest some kind of risk / reward based system.

Right now the goal of this mod is to give your megabase a target to aim for, the mod has achieved that.

I would consider creating a new mod that required deliveries to be sent out immediately from the get go. Perhaps we could re-work the science tree so that it can only be completed by fulfilling these orders, allowing things to get more and more complicated.

Ultimately if we are to do that, I'd also have to introduce some kind of fail condition that would force the player to go degress (lose of research points for example towards your next unlock).

I think that would be a new mod at that point however.

5 years ago

I'd also like to make a point that such a mod would be a very large undertaking with a much much larger scope than what this one currently has done. By no means am I making a commitment to such a project at this time :).

New response