Off World Shipping Co

by Nebri

This mod randomly generates a shipping order that must be blasted off into space using the rocket silo. Each time you complete the shipping order, a new one will be generated with a slightly higher demand. The idea was to give your mega base something infinite to work towards. Please report any issues / bugs on the github issue tracker. I will do my absolute best to resolve any concerns.

6 years ago
0.15 - 0.16

b Prevents endgame dialogue and all associated "end of game" type achievements.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

looks like this mod is another that alters silo code in such a way that it prevents all "end of game"-type achievements or end-game dialogue from appearing.
Tested along with creative mode mod, Anarchyinc's beacon fix mod, and Terrawind beacon mod to quickly generate world and test silo. first rocket launch containing a single satellite should trigger two events: 1) a check for all "by end of game" type achievements, and 2) display the familiar end-game dialogue with stats and option to continue playing, save replay, or finish.

6 years ago

good to know, I'll verify this on my end. I'll probably end up creating my own rocket silo entity so that I can leave the original intact and not get in the way of this.

Thanks for reporting the bug!

6 years ago

hi i saw another mod which made its own silo in case it helps it is called resource rocket. (i still have more tech to unlock before i can use it though) :)

6 years ago

i still have to unlock everything needed to launch the 1st rocket, but does this mean that for Level 1, we need to launch a total of 330 Rockets, before getting to Level 2?

6 years ago

No, my mod expands the inventory slots in the rocket silo so that you can ship more items per rocket. Currently it has a total of 10 inventory slots.

Thanks for pointing out resource rocket foodfactorio! I'll take a look at it. Looking at other peoples work as a reference is usually a great way to learn something new. I'll obviously be using my own implementation, but it's a great way to get inspired.

6 years ago

Heads up, this "bug" is now being labelled as "won't fix".

The factorio mod API does not appear to give me the flexible needed to turn off the warning dialog "Rocket launched without satellite" and keep the achievements intact.

If another mod writer is able to work this out then by all means I'll include it, or if the factorio team manages to include support for achieving this. Otherwise, sorry all, but I won't fix this.

6 years ago

After redesigning the mod, I'm happy to say that modifying the rocket silo is no longer required! ergo, this issue is now moot :).

6 years ago

cool, thanks for the info nebri :)

New response