Noxys Waterfill

by _Noxy_

Various placeable waters. Very configurable.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Error with Green Water "tile does not exist"

4 years ago

I've noticed from other threads that there is a problem with Alien Biomes removing the green water tile. I thought I saw that this was fixed but in the latest update I'm still experiencing the tile does not exist error on game load with Alien Biomes 0.4.15 and Noxys Waterfill 0.1.4.

4 years ago

You either need to disable the removal of obsolete tiles in Alien Biomes mod settings or disable the green water option in my waterfill mod:

3 years ago

Why does it still happen? Even though you've got this line: "settings.startup["Noxys_Waterfill-enable-green-water"].value and data.raw.tile["water-green"]"
Does your mod load before space exploration?

3 years ago

My waterfill mod has no guarantees with regards to load order with regards to any other mod. This means the load order can be anything unless the other mod has a soft dependency on this waterfill mod.

It happens because you (or who ever put together your mod pack) did not configure everything correctly. As posted above the alien biomes mod has a setting but more than that this waterfill mod also has a setting to just not make green water. Turning the setting off will make it work with any mod that removes green water.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yes i read that part and understood it but can't you just add it as a optional dependency so that it works better? I'll try it with space-exploration as an optional dependency and see if it works.

3 years ago

I'm not going to do that as I'd have to keep updating the mod with any other mod that changes or removes green or other waters.

Just toggling the setting is far less work for you than adding and updating the dependency list for me.

Aside from that I suspect space exploration or whatever other mod may actually remove green water in a different stage than when my mod takes action. If that is the case then adding a soft dependency won't make a difference.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You're right about the soft dependency not working. But I don't think there'll be many other mods with 200 000+ downloads that changes or removes green or other waters.

3 years ago

That's what people said about Alien Biomes ...

Either way my second point in my previous post still holds ... If whichever mod removes green water in data-final-fixes ... a dependency on my end won't help at all.

3 years ago

But practically i don't think there'll be much extra work for you and if there is you can give up on it then.

3 years ago

You missed the point where it is impossible to fix this magically with just a soft dependency.

I'd need to either re-add green water myself (making it hardcoded and a duplication of the base game which will not be compatible with potential future changes to the base game) in a game stage that actually adding stuff is not advised to do. Or add dependencies to every other mod that potentially removes or changes green water and then still do all of this in the data-final-fixes stage where doing this stuff is questionable.

I already have a much better less intrusive and less breaking method currently in effect which is the Noxys_Waterfill-enable-green-water setting ... why the resistance to using that?

3 years ago

I realized that a soft dependency didn't work. But i didn't know that both of the other solutions are questionable. I think you're right. So either i talk to Earendel or simply use your option in combination with his.

3 years ago

I'm fairly certain Earendel will suggest using the setting (if he knows about it) over any change on his side as the setting is already there and ready to be used and proven to resolve your issue.

3 years ago

Yes I think so too.

New response