Noxys Waterfill

by _Noxy_

Various placeable waters. Very configurable.

Utilities
1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Crashing server

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

The server (V.16latest) seems to crash when a user joins and does anything. The action he does is usually completely unrelated to the mod but the log points to this mod. I am running a good amount of mods on my server so it is entirely possible there is a confliction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

241.645 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:792: mapTick(29271964) received stateChanged peerID(2) oldState(WaitingForCommandToStartSendingTickClosures) newState(InGame)
411.885 Error MainLoop.cpp:1019: Exception at tick 29280470: Error while running event Noxys_Waterfill::on_player_cursor_stack_changed (ID 29)
Given value has to be larger than or equal to: 0
stack traceback:
Noxys_Waterfill/control.lua:74: in function <Noxys_Waterfill/control.lua:62>
411.885 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:95: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event Noxys_Waterfill::on_player_cursor_stack_changed (ID 29)
Given value has to be larger than or equal to: 0
stack traceback:
Noxys_Waterfill/control.lua:74: in function <Noxys_Waterfill/control.lua:62>"

6 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/QKSN0

it also happens in single player it seems

6 years ago

Hm this shouldn't happen unless another mod is dynamically messing with the reach distance. I can't fix whichever other mod is doing this but I can guard against the reach distance going below 0.

This will mean that technically it is possible to get very large reach distance because of this interaction between the two mods (I do not know exactly how or which mod).

My side is fixed in 0.0.12.

6 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Ill have to double check but I think we are running the extended reach mod though its not actually working in game. I can go ahead and remove that mod from my server environment and test.

6 years ago

Can you link me to that mod so I can test as well?

6 years ago

Sorry for the late response. Here is the link https://mods.factorio.com/mods/jamesaguilar/long-reach

6 years ago

Ok yeah that one just flat out sets the character_build_distance_bonus attribute without any consideration what it was before. So if someone is holding waterfill while it applies its settings the reach distance will mess up.

Oddly enough it is changing the character_build_distance_bonus in the control stage with for instance the on_runtime_mod_setting_changed event. To me the "base" reach distance should be set in the data stage and not in the control stage like that mod does.

Beyond it causing all kinds of issues (as was evident) it also does not actually do it correctly. If you have more than one force with players only the force named "player" will get the bonus and not the other ones.

Also you'll probably have to change the mod-settings for that mod for it to try to re-apply the reach distance.

New response