Natural Tree Expansion Reloaded deprecated

by 8ZN

Trees spread naturally over time, they'll grow around anywhere the player visits, but only on grass and dirt areas, not concrete or any man-made tiles or sandy deserts etc. This originally was msakuta's mod! I simply patched it to version 0.16 of Factorio.

2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Mod compatibility

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Hi,

I have 2 things:

1) I'm working on a mod at the moment that restricts placement of certain entities on "artificial" tiles (eg, stone path, concrete, etc). These entities include trees. For aesthetic reasons, I'm giving all trees "tree-roots" that have a collision box larger than the tree's, but collides only with tiles (so these tiles cannot be placed too close to trees). However, I need to be able to tell when any trees are created or destroyed to add these roots. Could I ask you to include in your .create_entity{} and .destroy() commands their respective raise properties set to true? This will allow me to know when your mod has created or destroyed a tree and likewise create or remove the "tree-roots" entity.

2) I've noticed that this mod uses a whitelist instead of a blacklist for trees that it's allowed to work with. A suggestion (as this currently makes it so it won't work with mod added trees by default (like Alien Biomes)): make it a blacklist, but then allow the blacklist to be populated by other modders via a remote interface call. This way you can have it working naturally with all mod added trees, but don't need to actually update your mod anytime someone releases a mod with a tree entity that should be excluded (like myself with Tree Saplings (Redux), which includes 5 tree entities that are stages of growth for a sapling to adult. The non-adult trees should not be allowed to spread).

New response