Natural Tree Expansion Reloaded deprecated

DISCONTINUED - every man and their dog has made a tree spreading mod, so download one of those. Trees spread naturally over time, they'll grow around anywhere the player visits, but only on grass and dirt areas, not concrete or any man-made tiles or sandy deserts etc. This originally was msakuta's mod, I'm simply making it work on newer versions of Factorio. Also I'll add a few new things too.

Tweaks
6 years ago

g Not happy with how trees spawn

6 years ago

In reasonably small maps (not railworld, still talking about a localized factory), I have the feeling that trees reach their maximum number way too fast. Together with the pollution, this has some very strange effects: The trees start to form ring like structures far away from your base. It looks very unnatural and not how I expected my map to look like with this mod. Maybe change the way trees spawn?

6 years ago

Thanks for the info, I've just started a new play-through, I'll check it out and see what can be done. In the most recent update to the mod (5 days ago), I halved the spawn rate of the original mod, might cut it down further if that's not enough.

6 years ago

I think the rel problem is that new trees don't grow after a certain pollution threshold. If trees are nearby, I think new trees should still spawn. Otherwise -> tree ring starts growing around the factory

New response