My Player Color

by Taehl

Change your appearance by choosing your color with words!

Tweaks
5 years ago

g Multiplayer: "mods don't match"

5 years ago

For some reason, when me and a friend attempt to play together with this mod enabled he gets a message that his mods do not match the server. I provided him a rar specifically of the mods on my end, and once we disable My Player Color we're able to connect fine.

I don't really know what you might be able to do, if you know what can be done, or if there's anything I can provide that will help out with this but I'm posting to let you know I like your mod but can't use it and it wounds my soul. Dramatics aside, I'm not really a 'troubleshoot Factorio' person so if there's something I can do to help with this let me know. I hope it can be fixed!

5 years ago

Very strange... The first questions that come to mind:

1) You're sure your friend has all that mods you're using, and doesn't have any other mods?
2) You both have the same version of all the mods?
3) You both have the same mods enabled/disabled?
4) You both have the mods in their original .zip archives?
5) Neither of you have edited any of the mods?

Knowing those, hopefully I'll be able to figure out what's going wrong.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Unfortunately the answer is yes to all of those. And to be honest, it's a bit stranger (but maybe this helps) we were able to connect ONCE with the mod enabled. But I fudged a map setting, so ended up restarting the server and after that it never worked again. We've even tried it since on a brand new game.

I would ask, is it possible there is a settings configuration somewhere that is messing with it? Could I try deleting that? (I want to have your mod enabled :D) Could the per player setting be doing it?

5 years ago

Weird! If you want to try deleting your mod settings, they're all saved in a file called "mod-settings.dat" in your mods folder.

New response