My Player Color

by Taehl

Change your appearance by choosing your color with words!

Tweaks
5 years ago

g Use as a console command?

5 years ago

The idea for the mod is neat, but I feel like you missed a great opportunity: the console. Perhaps there are technical reasons why, but it would be so much more interesting and fun to use if the player could use "/color vivid red" instead of having to work through the mod options menu.

It's kind of fun to pick a color, and describing it is too. But you have to exit the options screen before you can even see your results. Don't like it? Back into the mod menu, click the per player tab, find the box for player color, try another one. It takes a lot of the novelty out of it. If it's possible, I think that's the type of change that would make this much more interesting and fun for servers than a simple color picker and be very much in the spirit of why you made it in the first place.

5 years ago

I agree. The original idea was to be an improvement for the /color command, but I haven't yet figured out how to do it. I don't want it to require using /c, since that disables achievements. Putting it in the mod settings was the next-best-thing for now.

I bet I'll figure it out soon though.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Just updated it. Now there's a /mycolor command! The only issue is, there seems to be no way to make it update your setting in the mod options menu... Worth it, though, just for how much better it is to try out new colors.

I would have replaced the /color command, but that's not permitted.

5 years ago

That is awesome, instant download!

New response