MxlChievements

by Mxlppxl

Adds even more achievements for players that are as crazy as I am. Can you reach 1 trillion iron plates, let alone one trillion of anything? Official Mxl-Achievements discord at https://discord.gg/uzgc4dTMUY

Tweaks
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Minor issue, work-around, technical explanation.

5 years ago

Hi

I found a minor technical issue with this mod that is very easy implement a workaround by the user.

When you install the non-extracted zip file in the mods directory, the mod does not load up. The work-around is to extract the mod and install it into the mods folder in unzipped under W10.

When Factorio, under W10, tries find a file within a compress file, it is case sensitive. But when W10 tries to find the same file name, in a non-compressed folder, it is not case sensitive.

Therefore under an OS systems where file names are not case sensitive file names of:

"Ass-Machine-4" = "ass-machine-4"

And, within a compressed folder or under an OS system where file names are case sensitive file names of:

"Ass-Machine-4" =/= "ass-machine-4"

I am looking forward to trying the achievements out. Thanks for doing the "heavy lifting" to come up the idea for this mod and the achievements. Based on the descriptions, I think the achievements are very cool.

Hiladdar

5 years ago

Thank you for the comments. I'm going to look into this to see if factorio is recognizing it or not. Right now, for ease of of creation and editing, I was using a folder in the mods folder. I have not tested it without that...good observation.

Second, i will go back and check the case sensitivity once this happens and if needed, change all to lower case.

Thanks again for the comments!

5 years ago

Thanks,

This minor bug is fixed. The other thing that works progress on not yet completed achievements was not lost when I upgraded to V1.1.1.

Hiladdar

New response