Mining Space Industries II

Your team was hired by MSI (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet, and investigate something else that will be revealed later by the mission control. But you had a terrible accident when landing... again. Will you be able to accomplish the task you were hired for?

Scenarios
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

g David and Frost Biters..

1 year, 9 days ago

Please Increase David's resistance to Frost (if "Frost Biter" is installed).

I find David basically useless from mid-game onwards with frost biter installed, as he almost instantly dies in engagements with later Frost biters. (Which basically means: All engagements). Now, the only feasible weapon is Sniper and have him behind walls (or wall him in, so he doesn't stupidly walk towards the biters. Even "guard position" outside the combat zone usually gets him killed quickly by some straying frost biters...)

He already got 100% poison immunity, so what about something like 70% frost at Level 7? (10% per level). Or just 100% too, but I am not sure whether he would be too OP then.

1 year, 9 days ago
(updated 1 year, 9 days ago)

To be honest, I find the drone a MUCH better fighter in later levels anyway. 96% resistance against frost, 100% against poison. And it doesn't constantly walk around and hence is always in your way when following. And it heals and repairs for free, meaning it can use its slots for shields and PLD's instead of roboports. Its useful outside of combat as well, it can fly, it can transport you, it has logistic requests...

David stupidly walking around and is always in the way (except when he is standing in a frost pool and instantly dies...) He draws in enemies when following you on the front line, but when he is back in your base, you can't summon him. And if you go towards him to be in "follow-range", and he happens to runs through a biter base towards you, he is usually instant-dead. Oh, and he is pretty useless outside of combat.. :-/. So.... David is just useless compared with the OP drone..

So more suggestions:
1. Please make David COMPLETELY still when "guarding" a spot. Also, add a hotkey for guard and follow.
2. If possible, make David's follow ability planet-wide. Its very annoying that you can't summon him when he is too far away. Alternatively (or even better), make him bindable to a remote control too, so you can control him (but then, please don't make him move around so much.. very annoying..)
3. Remove the drones "mine" abilities and give these to David instead. At least he can do something outside combat. And IMO some mining fits the theme..
4. Severely tune down the drone's HP and resistances.. its way too OP at the moment, especially in higher levels and due to its ability to have shields. Or better (if possible): Disable all shields and PLD's for the drone to not make it your favorite combat buddy (that currently David never can be). Even then, I'd probably still half its HP and resistances..

1 year, 9 days ago

(hopefully) easiest idea with the "mining for David":
- Get him a new command "Mine current location". The player has to get him onto an ore patch, or else he gets an error "David is not on any mineable ore patch".
- Once he is and the command is issued, he will start mining until he got some ore. Then he looks for the closest inventory chest (up to a certain distance) and move there and deposit the ore. Then he goes back to the original spot and continues mining.

1 year, 9 days ago
(updated 1 year, 9 days ago)

Another thing to mention: The drone functions as a full support WHILE boosting lab productivity or producing science. I basically never switch it to anything else and always just move it around via remote control. Not sure why it has the "home", "follow" or "guard" command - they seem redundant to me.

So you could easily remove these modes from the drone (to make the two companions a bit more distinct..) ;-)

New response