Mining Space Industries II

Your team was hired by MSI (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet, and investigate something else that will be revealed later by the mission control. But you had a terrible accident when landing... again. Will you be able to accomplish the task you were hired for?

Scenarios
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Landing on a planet

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi,

I have a mission and need to get the msi drone to another planet, and previous discussions say I need to do that in a spaceship.
Problem is,if I land a spaceship,I can't get it to take off again because the launch energy is too high. I've tried various designs,but cant see how launch energy is calculated,or how to build a ship which can transport my msi drone off a planet

Anyone got a picture or blueprint I can work towards,or just explain how the launch energy is calculated / changed?

Other than this,great mod,great work..probably longest save I've every played

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi Zarnoo. That's real problem... Did not know about that. How do you know you can't take off there ? I will have to check SE interface to see if I can find some numbers of planets. If I find it, I can avoid those planets. I also dont know how the launch energy is calculated. If you find out, let me know please.
Anyway, you with the MSI droid, you can go there to work on the mission, kill the droid and return by cargo rocket. You will be able to create another one on nauvis on its shipwreck. That would not be possible with David.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I could never seem to achieve the launch velocity, but I've worked it out.. My ship requires 209Gj of "thrust" to launch from nauvis, and that means I need 209K liquid fuel. I just need more storage tanks on the ship :D I kept thinking it was engines i needed, but its just fuel

New response