Mining Space Industries II

Your team was hired by MSI (Mining Space Industries) with a purpose: extract mineral riches from a distant planet, and investigate something else that will be revealed later by the mission control. But you had a terrible accident when landing... again. Will you be able to accomplish the task you were hired for?

Scenarios
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

b Unable to build MSI Spidertron

2 years ago

When playingwith Krastorio2, the MSI spidertron requires "Heavy Armored Vehicle" to build it. There is no such item listed in the build catalog, and I've looked for it in the mod and can't find it either. It looks like in MSI then this just needs "tank" to build. I have a feeling that Krastorio2 may have changed the item, and so think it might be a problem with that mod, but unsure. Happy to log under there if it doesn't look like an MSI issue directly.

2 years ago

I think krastorio just renamed the "tank" to "Heavy Armored Vehicle". On a new game here I checked the tank technolgy om krastorio, there are 2 you can build. The vanilla tank is there

2 years ago

I've got 4 "tanks". Light, medium and heavy (and none of those work), and then something just called "tank". The tank requires Heavy Armored Vehicle as a pre-req, so I'm in a loop.
I have "what is it used for", which is great for showing all the receipes, and it says there is no receipe for Heavy Armored Vehicle, and so the pre-req on the MSI spidertron can't be met.

2 years ago

maybe another mod ? Just MSI + Krastorio seens to have the proper recipe. F5 + mouse over techs and recipes you can see the mods that changed it

2 years ago

ok, found it.. schall tank is not compatible with MSI. Looks like it removes the tank, and replaces it with a series of different ones (rather than just renaming the basic tank).
It's annoying as I don't use it anyway it's just there from a previous set of mods.Should probably be added as an incompatibility to stop someone else encountering this ;)

2 years ago

This is old- so I apologize for the bump.

This is technically incorrect though, Schall's has the option to enable the vanilla tank recipe & so is fully compatible with MSI :)

New response