Miner Inserter - An inserter that mines ores

Put the inserter on your ore patch and he can extract the ore. He has a drill inside that extract the ores to surface.

Content
5 years ago
Mining

g Suggestion

5 years ago

Add a tooltip for mining power, speed, and area like other miners. currently, the inserter miners produce 2 ore in the time it takes an electric miner to produce 5 ore. and its in a 3x3 area from what i tested.

5 years ago

Great idea Gerglagagerk! I will put in the description!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

very nice idea, and i don't know why i skippped this mod 4 months ago when it was released. maybe there was no detailed info yet, or i didn't read carefully enough ... or i thought at first glance that it was simply too slow and covered too little area. looking at the details i now see (not yet having tested it) that it seems to be very well balanced: in the same time mining 1 ore on 9/2=4.5 tiles while miners do 1 ore on 25/5=5 tiles and also using proportionally less energy.

but now it might be the solution to a problem that i have with another mod :-)
I'm using logistic carts, and that requires to have an incoming path and an outgoing path for carts to any (un)loading stop, as well as a chest and (to be able to check the contents of carts and act upon it with logistics conditions) also a constant combinator. using the normal 3x3 sized miners which cover 5x5 tiles, it's not possible to put all those tiles next to a miner, but this mod might be able to allow that. I'll test it immediately.

ps: tested and found one bug and one glitch (see next post)

New response