Logistic Network Content

by blue112

Gives you a full (and scrollable) list of the logistic network you're currently on.

Utilities
7 years ago

g List Refresh Resets Scroll

7 years ago

I find that I am unable to scroll the list due to it refreshing and going back to the top before I find what I'm looking for. I like the list refreshing, and I'd actually like it to update faster. However, I wish it didn't reassert the view when refreshing.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

everything that refreshes too often and/or refreshes based on the number of items (and that includes the 5 second view of production and power in vanilla) is difficult to use and read.

this mod has an additional problem when there are too many items: when i used it while being in a network with some creative provider chests and thus had 9 chests with 1300+ different items in as many stacks, this mod alternated between no lag at all for maybe 6 seconds, and freezing completely for 4 seconds. (see https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=28005&start=280#p233291)
with only one chest and thus fewer different items, the lag was almost gone, but still noticeable for fractions of a second every 6 seconds. still very annoying.

in the other thread, someone asked to be able to enable and disable the mod completely to not always show up and useup screenspace when in the range of a network.

maybe all those things could be improved (at least for my usage of such functions :-) by having a hotkey to hide/show the window (with a refreshed view). thus i could easily with a single hotkey open the window (only when needed, not eg while fleeing from biters along the edge of a roboport range :-), and with two presses of the hotkey close and open it refreshed. (i hate having too many hotkeys, which cause conflicting key definitions).
of course, i also wouldn't mind two buttons on that window for closing it and for refresh.

7 years ago

I agree, short of having a no lag instant update without a window refresh, I'd be quite happy with a static window that only refreshed when opened. That would be better than the automatic updates that happen now.

New response