Landfill Everything

by T-A-R

Like the original by Hadramal, but with adjusted algorithm from Landfill Everything Continued by Schmorp.

Utilities
3 years ago

g Space Scaffolding version?

2 years ago

Thanks for the mod! Any chance of adding a Space Scaffolding button? In Space Exploration, your orbit surfaces use scaffolding instead of landfill.

2 years ago

There already is a button in the Mod settings of the start menu to select scaffolding. Though i never tested this feature myself, and tbh i do no plan a SE run anytime soon.
There seem to be more activity in the original mod thread: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LandfillEverything/discussion/6206d152a45893389343218c

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Greetings, I've tested this mod with Space Exploration 0.6 and it does not add scaffolding or plating. I checked that I chose corresponding options in the mod settings, but in both cases, it adds a regular landfill. I really like this mod and use it for landfill, having it working with space scaffolding would be really awesome.

Update: after some experimentation, I (mostly) figured this out.

Mod uses wrong tile names "space-platform-plating" and "space-platform-scaffold", should use "se-space-platform-plating" and "se-space-platform-scaffold".

There's also an issue with a lot of Space Exploration buildings not getting scaffolding under them likely because they cannot be placed on land. I removed this check in control.lua:

if protos[ent.name].collision_mask["ground-tile"] == nil then

It worked, but likely broke something else...

One more thing, space rails and rail signals do not need scaffolding under them, so I tried to exclude space rails from the script by putting this line right before the curved rail check:

if "se-space-curved-rail" == name or "se-space-straight-rail" == name or "rail-signal" == name or "rail-chain-signal" == name then

It prevented scaffolding under rails and signals. I'm not much of a modder, that my first time messing with lua. I still couldn't figure out why the settings don't affect the type of used tile though. Anyway, hope this helps, thanks again for the mod!

Further update:
I changed the collision mask check to include se-space tiles. This results in space buildings being able to get landfill under them which is wrong since they cannot be placed on landfill. Then again, if you've picked landfill in settings, you shouldn't be using it on space-oriented blueprints anyway, I guess? I don't know if it's worth fixing, but I don't know how to anyway =)

if protos[ent.name].collision_mask["ground-tile"] == nil or protos[ent.name].collision_mask["se-space"] == nil then

And forced the mod to use the player's settings by commenting out these lines:

-- local landfill_tile = { name = le_defines.tile_mapping[le_defines.values.preferred_tile_values.default] }
--if game.active_mods[preferred_tile] then

But this results in a non-recoverable error if you try to add tiles from the mod you don't have. I'm not sure how the game.active_mods check should work since there are two different Space Ex tiles and I haven't found 'space-exploration' name anywhere in the mod. If I understand correctly, this check should pull the name of the mod corresponding to the chosen tile (so either space-exploration or platforms) and check if it is in the list of active mods, right?

1 year, 8 months ago

clif, any chance you could upload a version with your changes/fixed that's dependent on Space Exploration?

1 year, 8 months ago

clif, any chance you could upload a version with your changes/fixed that's dependent on Space Exploration?

I can't make it stable enough to upload on mod portal, and I wouldn't be able to maintain and update it, so I'll just upload it to Google disk

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-gxh1zqpUintUAwqShnygsK7lXKsdPmr?usp=sharing

New response