Kontraptions

by Klonan

Kontraptions

Utilities
1 year, 9 months ago

g Always wanted some of these!

1 year, 10 months ago

I always hoped some of these items would be added to the base game, they would fit right in:

1) The circuit network transceiver would be very handy when setting up worldwide smart train networks. At the moment I do that by carrying circuit wires across all my train tracks on big electric poles.

2) The daylight sensor would be very handy for pollution control. Only yesterday we had a pre-oil base with solar panels and steam engines and we wanted to make the labs run only during the day (hence keeping boiler pollution low). The most practical solution for reading daylight would have been getting a percentage reading directly from a solar panel, as with reading charge from an accumulator. We ended up solving this indirectly by reading a steam tank between boilers and steam engines, enabling labs only when the steam is 100% full (which occurs roughly when engines are off due to solar covering all demand).

3) The pollution sensor would also be a more direct way to curb production when pollution is high.

4) Motion sensors would be very good for smart systems like automatic train stops or traps, although at the moment gates substitute for these for friendly units at least.

5) Sign posts are always helpful to explain setups or leave notes for each other. At the moment we put dummy blueprints in chests and use their descriptions for in-game note passing.

Are there plans to include any of these items in the base game at some point?

1 year, 3 months ago

Sign Post is awesome for commenting code of combinators blocks.
Thanks Klonan, very useful!

(beware, as in Moon Logic mlc, do not use "select new contents for a blueprint" on blueprint with sign post, or all sign post text will be lost)

New response