by aaargha

Zoom without limits.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Infinizoom just stops working randomly without any errors

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Basically this just seems to stop working.
I checked the logs and don't see any errors in the main log file either.

I haven't noticed any pattern to it either.
It works great for a bit and then the zoom just reverts to normal ranges only.
Saving and reloading "fixes" it temporarily but then it stops working again.

Is there any other information I can provide?

BTW I kind of like not having to use a hot key but also kind of wish there was still a hot key option just in case and to get possibly more controlled zooming.

3 years ago

At this point, I'm not really sure. The new event handling seem to have some issues from the reports I'm getting on here, or it's the change in workflow that messes things up.

The only thing I can think of at the top of my head would be to
A) Make sure you're not in the map/"zoomed in map" - currently I do not change the behaviours of zooming in those modes
B) Try it with the default key bindings, without AutoHotkey - some binds that made the old version work smoother might cause trouble with the new one (speculation on my part but probably worth a shot)

I'll be looking more at this in the coming days to see if I can figure out what's going on.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

lol I added a simple log command to each event handler and so far it hasn't stopped working

Basically to the first line of each function I added a simple

log("infinizoom - zoom in")

OR

log("infinizoom - zoom out")

depending on which funciton it was

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

First I'm not using autohotkey. That's someone else.

Second, after hours of working just fine, I slept, got up and started playing and well it stopped working again....
even with the logging.

it stops logging even
So for some reason Factorio is losing the fact that this method needs to be called.

I did use the + button on the numpad to expand the size of some landfill... that's the only thing that might have caused this other than random problems :(
Actually I just tested something else and it broke it too
As soon as tried to use any landfill even without adjusting the size, the zoom stops working....
It seems to be repeatable unfortunately...
Spoke too soon again also
This time I reloaded the game and just made a blue print and the zoom stopped working too....
this is a game bug if anything unfortunately I think

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

last post unless/until you have questions

version 0.14 works fine

So it's something do with how the mod is linking to the built-in zoom functionality that is breaking

3 years ago

It seems that certain actions either break the linked_game_control hooks or disable my event listeners. I'll have to do some more testing and check the more obscure parts of the API to see if there's anything I'm missing.

At the moment though it's looking like this might be a bug in the game.

3 years ago

Well I updated to 0.1.7 and it's been great so far.
I diffed the 0.1.6 with 0.1.7 and don't follow a lot of what was done but it was a lot extra code.
I'll try to understand it later if I have problems.
But again so far so goo.
Thank you very much for the quick turn around and just getting this fixed :)

3 years ago

Thought things might work better when trying to replace the regular zoom function than it would when I started out making this mod. Turns out there are still a whole boatload of edge-cases that will be extremely annoying to try to fix. Have reverted back to the old hotkeys in 0.1.8.

This thread has been locked.