Infinite Resources - Normal Yields (with optional depletion)

An infinite resource mod that allows miners to continue mining ore resources at the normal vanilla rates (no insane yields!), and then can optionally start decreasing to lower yields after the initial spawned resource amounts are mined, with only a single code execution per resource tile. Includes settings for minimum depletion level and rate of depletion. This mod is for those that want the benefit of infinite resources (never running out), while preserving the vanilla rate and feel.

Tweaks
1 year, 2 months ago
Mining

i A few suggestions

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi, this mod is really great! I like the simplistic approach to it.
I have a few problems, I'm not sure if it is possible to fix them but I'll just write them down and hope for the best:

• When a drill depletes an ore tile, it will randomly switch between mining the depleted one and the ones still at 100% it also covers. It would be desirable if the drill depletes the regular ores first before mining the infinite ones.

My workaround is to just set the depletion rate to 1000 so it goes really slowly and the issue doesn't have such a big impact.

• I use bottleneck lite to have a clear indicator when a drill is out of minable resources. (the little red dot underneath it's sprite) With Infinte Resources, obviously that doesn't work anymore because the drill is technically still mining. Is there a way to tell or get a clear indication when a drill switches to infinite mining?

Cheers!

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

Hi, thanks for your post.

For your question about the switching between resource tiles, this is vanilla behavior. After each (or maybe after X amount) of resource mined, it will randomly switch to another tile within its reach. Nothing that can be done about this afaik.

As for the bottleneck lite mod, I use that as well and have not seen the issue you describe. I'm not sure what to say there as this would be detection within their mod and, afaik, nothing I can do about that, either.

8 months ago

Hi, thanks for your response. Sorry it took me 7 months, I didn`'t see the notification.
I already thought there's not much that can be done about it, that's ok.
Just wanted to clarify: My second point was about I wanted a way to easily see if a drill goes from regular mining to infinite mining because infinite mining is slower. I wanted to know so I can relocate the drill to get full mining. these are just minor things anyway.

One thing that's a bit troublesome though is that the ore eraser also can be used to erase oil patches! That's really important to know because I accidentally deleted my oil and had to reload haha.

Cheers

8 months ago

Hi, yeah, that infinite detection would have to come from Bottleneck. Unfortunately, too, it's not an exact thing, either as the miner will randomly pull from whatever is within its reach, so it's entirely possible to have one or two infinite patches rhat it pulls from instead of the regular or vice versa.

As for the tool, yeah, I had noted on the main page that it'd work with all infinite patches. :)

New response