Infinite Resources - Normal Yields (with optional depletion)

An infinite resource mod that allows miners to continue mining ore resources at the normal vanilla rates (no insane yields!), and then can optionally start decreasing to lower yields after the initial spawned resource amounts are mined, with only a single code execution per resource tile. Includes settings for minimum depletion level and rate of depletion. This mod is for those that want the benefit of infinite resources (never running out), while preserving the vanilla rate and feel.

Tweaks
1 year, 1 month ago
Mining

b [not a bug] mining drill GUI show incorrect percentage and solution

1 year, 7 months ago

Hello thank you for making this mod and I really like it. I just noticed that the mining percentage is incorrect for some reason. So I took a look into the code and figured out a solution that may be interesting to you:

I fix the minimum and normal to 100, which means no original depletion. Instead, I increased the mining time of the ores. Since I am not familiar with factorio modding, I also use a constant(fix) e.g. 2. And it worked! So now it takes twice the original time to process one mining cycle and the mining percentage is correct now which slows down twice. I hope this gives you some ideas.

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

Hi, without images, I'm not exactly sure I know what you are talking about? If you are referring to the fact that the percentage bar still fills at the normal pace (and it simply does not output an ore every time), that is vanilla behavior. Nothing this mod does. Basically, the way the core game works is that once the progress bar hits 100%, it checks the ore patch it's working on. If it's not infinite, it outputs an ore and subtracts 1 from the patch. If it is infinite, it uses the percentage of the patch as the percent chance that it outputs an ore, with percentages over 100 being chances to output more than 1 ore.

Unfortunately, with the "fix" you did, it can not deplete at a dynamic rate once it goes infinite. Mining time is not a value that allows changes during active gameplay.

1 year, 7 months ago

Until I hear something more to confirm exactly what you are talking about, I'm assuming it is what I mentioned and thus am marking this as "not a bug" for now.

New response