Infinite Resources - Normal Yields (with optional depletion)

An infinite resource mod that allows miners to continue mining ore resources at the normal vanilla rates (no insane yields!), and then can optionally start decreasing to lower yields after the initial spawned resource amounts are mined, with only a single code execution per resource tile. Includes settings for minimum depletion level and rate of depletion. This mod is for those that want the benefit of infinite resources (never running out), while preserving the vanilla rate and feel.

Tweaks
1 year, 2 months ago
Mining

g [fixed] Geothermal Incompatibility (Balance)

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

When the config changes, the mod runs a check on all resources and sets their amounts to be at least their minimum amounts. Would be fine, except Geothermal for some reason has its resources balanced around being 10% of its minimum yield. As in, during generation, the resource would be spawned with amount=1000, despite the prototype being initialized to have a minimum amount of 10000. I assumed this was a bug with Geothermal, but from what I can tell it is intended... ¯\(ツ)/¯ Might be worth it to just exclude Geothermal's resources from this function.

1 year, 10 months ago

It’ll be a day or two until I can look, but that function was trying to find resources my mod created infinite versions of via key words. Sounds like it’s possible geothermal’s use the same key words.

I’ve been working on another mod these past few weeks that has allowed me to learn a few new techniques that may be beneficial here.

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Welp, guess I was doing the key word search in the other functions, but not that one. * facepalm *

Anyway, I think I have it fixed, but I want to do more testing before uploading to be sure and it's 1 am here. I'm losing cognitive functions atm, so need bed. I'll upload some time tomorrow depending on work load with work.

1 year, 9 months ago

I apologize for the huge delay. I had just started a new job shortly before you reported this, so it's been a little mentally draining on me as of late trying to get up to speed on how they do things, etc, and I think it just burnt me out. :/

I've uploaded the fixed version. Let me know if it works or causes other issues. :P

New response