Infinite Resources - Normal Yields (with optional depletion)

An infinite resource mod that allows miners to continue mining ore resources at the normal vanilla rates (no insane yields!), and then can optionally start decreasing to lower yields after the initial spawned resource amounts are mined, with only a single code execution per resource tile. Includes settings for minimum depletion level and rate of depletion. This mod is for those that want the benefit of infinite resources (never running out), while preserving the vanilla rate and feel.

Tweaks
1 year, 1 month ago
Mining

i [balance] default Minimum yield

2 years ago

I think the default minimum yield at 100% is "too strong", not a problem of course cause it's fully customizable but I wonder if the default should be less than 100% to keep the initial purpose of vanilla factorio to seek resource. It's opinion oriented but I think something as 25-50% should be better, I did test a game with 100% it's really give a lot of resource for starting arena. I will test with 25% now.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

As I purposely advertised the mod as having optional depletion (so as not to turn away those that don't want depletion), it made sense to me to have the default at 100% (no depletion). Further, everyone's desired minimum is apt to be wildly different (for example, mine is at 10% ;) ). I'm probably not going to change this.

You can safely change this mid game, up or down, and any already converted resource tiles will reflect this. If the new minimum is greater than what the tile has already reached, then the tile's minimum will be increased to match the new minimum. If it's less, then depletion will take hold and you'll mine it down to the new minimum.

I did test a game with 100% it's really give a lot of resource for starting arena.

It should yield the same rate of resources as vanilla, just will never dry up/decrease. If you want, once you've expanded further, you can use the Infinite Resource Removal tool included with this mod to remove the starting resources.

New response