FDE Improved Ores

!!!TESTING!!! less 'arcady' look for recources iron,copper,uranium, and oil

Tweaks
6 years ago

i Protip from other mod creator

6 years ago

Here's some protips for you:

1) You don't have to upload a mod here to test it. You can just copy and paste it to your Factorio mod folder. There will be no difference in game.

2) Try to keep name of your mod consistent. At the moment, you have "ImprovedOre" as the name of the mod and zip file but the main folder in the zip file is named "RealOres". I suggest to fix that because it can cause problems sometimes.

3) The error you get right now is cased by the fact that there is no resource named "oil-ore". The code of my mod creates this name because it was written only for ores and always adds suffix "-ore". You need rather something like "crude-oil".

4) In second line of file "prototypes/ores-retexture.lua", you need to change "RealisticOres" to "NameOfYourMod".

6 years ago

dint know i dint have to upload it here, that ll save allot of time in bug testing this and other things im working on. i noticed the names were different but was thinking on deleting this (or if i cant, use the space for another mod) when i was done.

thanks for the tips by the way. because of the oil issue i was thinking on ditching this all together as me and my friend simply just wanted to get rid of some of the unnaturalness that some of the ores (and oil spots) present, but i guess ill keep looking into poking it with a stick

New response