Hiladdar's Core

Research technology to increase player inventory, logistic, and trash slots and improve mining speed. Also new repair packs, axe, lights, and radars. All new of Hiladdar's items from other mods are consolodated in their own crafting tab. Includes an option to obliterate cliffs on the map at the start of a new game.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Nice Concept

4 years ago

I really like your mods, they are much more lightweight than others and lack any dependencies.
For exactly those reasons they ideally complement other bigger mods.

Anyways, regarding this, I wish for even more configuration options (complete toggling as well as tuning options) to optimize compatibilities. For example, using "Quality of Life research" it doubles some techs, just as well as I prefer no bonus to personal crafting speed.

Also, is it possible to make the tier graphics a bit more decent? Like only coloring certain regions or lowering the color intensity, the way it's done in "ShinyBobGFX". Not much of an issue, but having Pink poles all around looks a bit odd (The Deadlock Lab looks neat tho).

By the way, isn't the No Cliffs option already implemented in the game's Terrain settings?

4 years ago

First off, thank you for your very kind words.

I try to design each mod, in such a way, that it will not conflict with mods from other developers. Each mod I wrote, handles a small slice of the base game. This gives players the option to add only one of my mods in to augment a small part of the game. The is the only mod that did not use this design principle, was this mod, when I saw the number of new items and entities I had. For that, I choose to have a mode, which would consolidate all the all items and entities in it's own tab, as well as add two items which just do not fit anywhere else.

I choose a different formula rather then to simply double the previous research amount. I still wanted a increase, and for that reason kept the incremental improve constant, while adjusting the cost of research algebraically upward, with each level. I think that is something that is possible to incorporate, but will need to take a much closer look at the QoL research mod, as well as other mods. Giving the player the option to not have any bonus to personal crafting speed via the settings menu is possible. For now what I have been doing is using self discipline not to click it when testing stuff. At some point in the future, one of my intents is to go through all the mods I have written, and update them with a similar look and feel, as well as incorporate feedback such as you have provided.

I understand the issue of pink poles. My major issue, is whereas I have a fairly extensive background in programing, from over 20 years ago, I am a noob when it comes to doing graphics work. I try to set up graphics in such a way, that they are visually distinctive from other tiered items. What you recommend, adding color to only part of the image is possible, especially when the base graphic of the entity has several components. I was able to use that technique for the roboports in another one of my mods. My lack of experience and knowledge of graphics design is also the reason I am trying to use Deadlock's work when possible. He is way better them me at graphics, and was kind enough to offer some of his work on the Factorial web site, as long as attribution was was given to him.

The No Cliffs option in this mod is different then the one in the base game. The base game No Cliff option removes all the cliffs, from the game and does not generate any new ones on introduced chunks. The one I put in, removes all the cliffs from the game at the start of the game on the map. But as new chunks are added, the game may generate cliffs on them, per the algorithm of the base game.

Hiladdar

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I see, but still I am quite interested in just sheer toggling of the different options so it doesn't trash my tech tree. Especially high configurability could give you the competitve edge against bob's mods.

Anyways, I put some effort into making the graphics more decent. For instance, I just took care of the accumulator, you can look it up on https://imgur.com/a/JbkP8fV.
I just split the accumulator in two areas and did a bit of coloring and color shifting. Some re-edits shouldn't be all too hard, and if you wish I could try it on some other entities. This may take some time tho as I gotta find some free time for that.

Also, considering the graphics: The accumulator switches back to it's vanilla graphics (even when that one is edited) when charging/discharging

4 years ago

With 0.18.1 I was able to set up toggling goggling of different options for the character tech tree. The issue with the accumulator, is buried in the graphics / code for in Hiladdar Electrical mod. Graphics for me will take quite a while, I'm a better designer / coder then graphic artist.

My plan is to improve graphics over time.

New response