Gold mining

by honda25

Adds gold mining to the game

Content
3 years ago
Mining

g Mod not loading

3 years ago

Hi, when I enable the mod and my game reloads everything it comes up with an error saying something about a path not matching the path in the mod for some achievement called make_me_rich

3 years ago

I am getting a different error but it is preventing the game from loading. I unloaded every mod but Gold Mining and got the following.

Failed to Load mods: Error while loading tile prototype "gold-concrete" (tile): Key "Pollution_absorption_per_second" not found in property tree at Root.Tile.Gold-Concrete
Modifications: Gold Mining

When I added the line "pollution_absorption_per_second = 0" to goldConcrete.lua, saved and repacked the mod. I got the following error message.

Failed to load mods: Gold_Mining/graphics/achievement/make-me-rich.png does not match any enabled mod:GoldMining/graphics/achievement/make-me-rich.png

When I removed the new Achievement from the mod by deleting the Prototype, graphics, and line in the data file. I got the following error.

failed to load mods: path GoldMining/graphics/entity/assembling -machine-3/hr-assembling-machine-3-shadow.png does not match any enabled mod: GoldMining/graphics/entity/assembling-machine-3/hr-assembling-machine-3-shadow.png.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Found the problem. Author renamed the mod. Go into your mod directory
%appdata%/Factorio/mods

Copy "Gold_Mining_1.1.0.Zip" to your desktop

Delete the mod from Factorio so its un-associated, using the INGAME tool. If you just delete the file it will not work.

Unzip the copy you made to your desktop so you have a "Gold Mining 1.1.0" folder on your desktop.

Open said folder, and find the "Info.Json" file and right click on it, open with Notepad or Notepad++. DO NOT USE WORD OR MICROSOFT WORD!

Change the name field from
"name": "Gold_Mining",
to
"name": "GoldMining",
and save.

Delete or rename the old Zip file.

Rezip the folder, you should get a file name like "Gold Mining 1.1.0.zip". Rename the file to be "Gold_Mining_1.1.0.zip". If you skip this step it will not work.

Drop the new File you just renamed into the Factorio mods folder, launch the game, select the mod to load in the menu screen, and enjoy.

1 year, 11 months ago

The mod does not work on the current version

The game gives an error and asks to rename to "GoldMining_1.1.0.zip" and not to "Gold_Mining_1.1.0.zip".
But even when starting the game with the mod, the gold ore is not displayed in the resources

New response