Gear Girl Character

This mod replaces your character with a female version of the engineer, Gear Girl!

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Work with Realistic Flashlight

3 years ago

Hello,
thank you such a great mod! I was waiting for it to start working with 1.1.

I was wondering if there was a possibility to make this wonderful mod work with the mod "Realistic Flashlight" by invisus? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RealisticFlashlight

Cheers,
Leo

3 years ago

Hmm, I tried a bit to see if it could enable the flashlight mod to work over it, but it just ended up disabling the flashlight all together, so I got no idea how

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The best I've come up with so far is just copying the entire data.lua from Realistic Flashlight, to data-final-fixes.lua and that seems to work after setting an optional dependency on GirlCharacter with: "dependencies": ["base", "? GirlCharacter"], in an attempt to get Gear Girl to load up first.

I'm not sure of the implications of doing this and something tells me there is a better way to go about this. I haven't tested thoroughly, but it seems to work.

3 years ago

I think I'll be able to get this to work. Going to try to conditionally load parts of Realistic Flashlight in data.lua or data-final-fixes.lua depending on if GirlCharacter is loaded/active, but I'll need to look more into that.

I'll continue to work on this and post updates over here.

3 years ago

With Invisus' update, it now works great

3 years ago

Thanks SleepyEngi, I had meant to post an update here... but it seems I forgot.

New response