Global Tick Time Scale

by Zanthra

Change the UPS/FPS of Factorio without changing the game pace. Allows almost-normal gameplay at 120hz.

1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Adjust Hand Craftting Speeds not working

1 year, 11 months ago

I always play at 12 ups to keep the gpu from overheating, but the hand crafting speed gets to low because of that and the solution was always to go to map settings and click the checkbox for Adjust Hand Crafting Speeds, but that is not working anymore. In the previous version I had to uncheck it and check it again for it to work, but now it doesn't work at all.

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

This is new issue in version 1.6.4?

Also can you post a list of all the mods you are running? Another one may be changing hand crafting speeds after GTTS does.

1 year, 11 months ago

I tested with no other mods, installing factorio from zero, but the problem still occurred. But then I installed the version 1.6.2 of GTTS and the problem still occurred the same way, and it didn't use to before, so maybe it's a problem with the new version of Factorio? I'm using version 1.1.59.

1 year, 11 months ago

Did you by any chance enable the "Safe Mode" option in the mod settings?

Also can you try running these commands in the console and reporting the value?

/c game.player.print(game.player.character.character_crafting_speed_modifier)
/c game.player.print(game.player.force.manual_crafting_speed_modifier)

1 year, 11 months ago

I didn't activate the safe mode.

/c game.player.print(game.player.character.character_crafting_speed_modifier)
Cannot execute command. Error: [string "game.player.print(game.player.character.chara.."]1: attempt to index field 'character' (a nil value)

/c game.player.print(game.player.force.manual_crafting_speed_modifier)
value: 0

1 year, 11 months ago

I just created a few Freeplay games and there it works fine, as long as I disable Adjust Hand Crafting Speed and enable it again once after creating it. So it's only in Sandbox mode that it doesn't work at all.

1 year, 11 months ago

You can use the command below to set the crafting speed then:

/c game.player.force.manual_crafting_speed_modifier = 4

I will consider adding an option to run that command automatically, but that is much more likely to interfere with hand crafting speed research mods.

1 year, 11 months ago

All right. Thanks!

New response