Global Tick Time Scale

by Zanthra

Change the UPS/FPS of Factorio without changing the game pace. Allows almost-normal gameplay at 120hz.

1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Causing an issue with Disco Science

4 years ago

I'm not here to complain about inter-mod compatibility, of course this mod will have a hard time being compatible, but with Disco Science I get an issue with animation speeds not matching. After trying to debug it myself to no avail, I can't seem to see the problem.

'Failed to load mods: Error while loading animation prototype "discoscience/lab-storm" (animation): Animation speed in hr_version doesn't match normal animation speed in property tree at ROOT.animation.discoscience/lab-storm.hr_version'.

The animation speeds aren't matching post-animation adjustment, but I can't see why when looking at the code for either. If it's an issue that's more general (and not specific to this mod) I figure it'll be helpful to let you know.

4 years ago

I am pretty sure I know what happened. I wrote the code expecting that all animations would be an object underneath another prototype. So it would always be at least ROOT.prototype_type.prototype.animation.hr_version , since discoscience's animation is at the prototype level in the hierarchy above, my code does not change the animation speed, but it does detect the hr_version as an animation, and does adjust that.

The quickest way to make it compatible if you are okay with changing a file in discoscience is to add "? gtts" to the dependencies in discoscience info.json . That will force discoscience to wait until after gtts is done with prototype changes before adding it's animation.

I'll look into making a larger fix for this issue when I have some more time.

4 years ago

thank you for the detailed response.

4 years ago

The issue with Disco Science should be resolved now. Let me know if you have any further problems.

4 years ago

Will do, thank you.

New response