Global Tick Time Scale

by Zanthra

Change the UPS/FPS of Factorio without changing the game pace. Allows almost-normal gameplay at 120hz.

1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Does this help my laptop?

5 years ago

So if I understand this correctly, will this help me run on my laptop? I can run it fine for a small base, like mid to low 50ish ups up to my first rocket I'd say but if I go any bigger than that it quickly slows down and specially with biters enabled and getting a bigger area explored.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

If you use this mod to reduce the UPS, you can reduce the work done by the CPU and GPU and perhaps improve the perceived performance of the game. You could perhaps run smooth at 30 FPS/UPS. There will a corresponding loss to the accuracy of the simulation.

I have made every effort to keep the mod from permanently changing saved games. All game saved values can be disabled using the per map mod options to restore them to their original values, so there should be no harm to trying the mod, although a backup save is never a bad idea!

Do keep in mind that the mod has a default UPS set to 60 which changes nothing. You have to go into the mod settings to change that.

New response