Fogged Research

Hides unavailable research

Utilities
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

g How do you activate this?

11 months ago

I have the mod enabled; however, none of the techs are hidden. How do I activate this mod?

10 months ago

I figured out it was another mod that was preventing this mod from working. I have about 255 mods loaded, so I am not going to take the time to isolate the problem. When I did it just by itself, it worked automatically. Do you know which mods conflict with this mod?

10 months ago

Either way, you can use the console command listed in the description. Just change the word disable to enable and it'll hide everything properly. Or at least, this worked for me with K2, SE, and a couple dozen other mods.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

Thanks!
On the positive note, the command did work: /c remote.call("fogged_research", "enable")
On the negative side, it disabled achievements, which requires one to enter the command twice.. It is still worth it!
Interesting note, and I appreciate it, is that if a tech is a prerequisite for another tech that has another prerequisite that would normally be hidden, it is still hidden. Knowing a tech that is red due to knowing one of its direct prerequisites does not reveal other prerequisites that are still unknown. Some mods that have a requisite tech that has its own requisite tech may sometimes be considered a direct prerequisite of the tech two techs up, e.g., Krastorio 2's tech "Inserter capacity bonus 1" and "Inserter capacity bonus 2" become visible when "Stack inserter" becomes visible (even if all three techs are red) when I have already researched "Fast inserter."

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

I started a new game and immediately used that command that worked. The following techs are visible as red and unavailable techs despite not having any of its prereqs researched:
"Electric mining" from [AAI Industry > Krastorio 2 > AAI Industry] with no known prerequisites.
"Cargo rocket silo" from [Space Exploration > Rocket-Silo Construction], which shows as "Undiscovered" with no known prerequisites.
"Space capsule navigation" from [Space Exploration], which shows as "Undiscovered" with no known prerequisites.

After completing my first research "Basic logistics" from AAI Industry > Krastorio 2 > AAI Industry, the following unavailable research options came up as red despite the techs not showing any techs that I have researched or that are available to research:
"Basic fluid handling" from [Krastorio 2 > AAI Industry > Krastorio 2 > Space Exploration Postprocess (required) > Aluminum] with the unavailable prerequisite technology "Electricity" from [AAI Industry > Lighted Electric Poles + > Krastorio 2 > AAI Industry > Krastorio 2 > Aluminum]; the "Electricity" technology shows an available prerequisite technology "Fuel processing" from [AAI Industry > Krastorio 2 > Aluminum].
"Copper text plates" from [Aluminum], which it shows the prerequisite and unavailable technology is "Copper processing" from Aluminum (which is the "bzaluminum" mod)
"Copper processing" from [Aluminum], which it shows the prerequisite and unavailable technology is "Electricity" [as described above]
"Welcome to the Jungle" from [Krastorio 2] with no known prerequisites.
"Stone Processing" from [Krastorio 2 > Space Exploration], which it shows the unavailable prerequisite technology "Crusher" from [Krastorio 2]; "Crusher"'s available prerequisite technology is "Automation core" from [Krastorio 2 > Aluminum > AAI Industry].
"Sentinel" from [Krastorio 2 > Space Exploration Recycling Extras > Space Exploration Postprocess (required) > Aluminum] with no known prerequisites.
"Electric mining," which now shows a prerequisite technology of "Electricity," which is unavailable but a prerequisite of "Electricity" is "Fuel processing" from [AAI Industry > Krastorio 2 > Aluminum] as an available technology to research.

It also shows some other technologies that are unavailable but have available prerequisite technologies.
"Gun turret" from [Base mod > AAI Industry > Krastorio 2], which has the available prerequisite technology "Military" from [Base mod > Natural Evolution Buildings > Krastorio 2].
"Basic wall" from [Base mod > Dectorio > Krastorio 2], which has the available prerequisite technology "Military" [as described above].
"Crusher," which was described above
"Automation tech card" from [Krastorio 2 > Aluminum], which has the available prerequisite technology "Automation core" [as described above] and the unavailable prerequisite technology "Copper processing" [as described above].
"Light armor" from [Krastorio 2], which has the available prerequisite technology "Military" [as described above].
"Electricity" [as described above].

New response