Fogged Research

Hides unavailable research

Utilities
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

g only the current

2 years ago

I was changing some numbers in your mod ( only for private use ) and try to make all the red and orange research invisible, but I couldn't find out.
Your mod filters out a great deal of tech, but I'm searching to filter out everything except the research you can start right away.
I like the idea of not knowing what it will unlock, so not beeing able to see the orange research pop up after selecting a yellow one is what I'm after.
Would this be possible?
And what number should I change to get it to work this way?
Or maybe like a suggestion, would you like it to be an menu mod option? partly filtered/completely filterd?

2 years ago

Thank you Zanostra for your continued interest in my mod!
Let me jump in game later today to refresh my memory, it has been quite a while since I've played.

2 years ago

I'm looking at the game/mod now, and it seems like it still functions both as expected and as you describe. Can you help me out with some more specifics as to what you're looking for?

2 years ago

oke, ehmm, do you know the game " warzone 2100 " ?
20 years old or so, but it has an enormous tech tree, BUT you only see like 2 tech when starting the game.
In this example, lets say tech 'gun', and tech 'concrete'.
when starting a new game and the first you do is research tech 'gun', only then a new one pops up, tech 'machine gun'.
If tech 'concrete' is the second you complete, then 3 new will pop up: tech 'wall', and tech 'guntower'.
But if you start a new game and first you do tech 'concrete', only one will pop up, namely tech 'wall'.
tech 'machinegun' stays invisible because you haven't done tech 'gun' yet.
This way you can do the weapon tree all like 'gun' -> 'machinegun' -> 'canon' -> 'mortar' -> 'rocket' -> and so forth, without ever seeing tech 'wall' or any wall-mounted hardpoints.

In this factorio mod this tech-tree named above will probably be visible like 'gun' -> 'machinegun' -> 'canon' and stop here because of the filter you created.
So therefor there are in fact researches visible which cannot be started right away.
After starting and beeing busy doing the research 'gun', also the research 'mortar' will show because in the eyes of the mod, enough pre-work has been done.
This way you can plan ahead the research tree in a general direction you want to do research, this way it will not be a surprise like opening a box and say, hmm, what have we found out now?

xD I hope you understand what I mean now?
I hope you know Warzone 2100 xD

New response