Hides unavailable research

Utilities
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b too many researches are hiden

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hello,

At the beginning of my game, I only have researches that requires the red science glass. Those which need the green ones are not there.
Even if I research almost all that I can do, they does not appears (nor the new ones that should appears after doing basic researchs). So, I need to disable your mod in order to continue ingame science.

I play in particular with 2 more mods that add a lots of researches (Space Mode and Infinite Technology Expanded). That is why I want to use your mod. But maybe, there is a conflict between those mods and yours ?
I use other mods that add few research too. So, it may be from them too ?

I may try with only your mod to see if the problems remain, and now for sure if this is not an inerent problem in your mod you have to correct. I will test it tomorrow and let you know.

Also, I try your command to disable your mod, and it doesn't work. In fact, you have forgotten a "_" in you command, like this :

/c remote.call("fogged_research", "disable")

and then, it works well, but now, I see every research (as excepected). With the opposit command (enable), the problem comes back. It's like the mod hide researchs with the green glass in any cases.

Also, I think it's important to say : I think the other mods seems to work quiet well (the game load perfectly, and without your mod, I see corresponding research (didn't try to check everything, but some of them are there)). So it seems all the mods work together.

Hope my report is understandable, and that you can correct it, or at least, tell me for sure that there is a conflict or anything that can explain it.

I'd love to play with this mod, but if I can't, it's not a big deal. I can play without it.

6 years ago

After a brief bit of research, I found that the unmodded game has both red and green science unlocked at the start. I have updated the code to catch this, and it should be slightly more robust for other mod situations as well.

It likely needs a research to complete before it updates.

Please let me know how it works for you, and thank you for the love!

6 years ago

I try it for a few minutes and it seems to work (just needed to enable the mod again. No need to make a research to see it).

I am now able to enjoy the game with your mod.

Thanks for the quick answer.

New response