Factorissimo

Adds factory buildings you can walk into and build parts of your factory inside. This mod will not be updated for Factorio 0.15! Get Factorissimo2 instead, it's much better.

6 years ago
0.13.0 - 0.14

b Is it possible to preserve item health when they enter factory via belt?

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Normally items on belt remember their health, but the factory belt connection removes and inserts between TransportLines without taking the health into account. If the health is kept, it would make my miniaturization mod to be compatible.

7 years ago

The belt transport is the most CPU-intensive part of this mod, even with the optimizations I've done, and changing it to preserve item health would add a very significant amount of overhead. I suppose I could add a config option to preserve item health, however that would make Factorissimo significantly less performant (since every single teleported item needs to be transported as a full LuaItemStack instead of a simple stack). Of course miniaturization would reduce the amount of teleported items, however that would only help when it is done consistently.

PPE: In fact, I checked the API and right now it isn't even possible to read the health of items on belts! I'd have to ask the devs if they could add a new API method.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Yeah, I tried to do this, but the hard part was reading the health ... It's pretty simple to specify health even for SimpleItemStacks, you don't need a LuaItemStack. just do {name, count, health} instead of {name, count}. Pretty sure there's a way to get the health of belt items in some way, since it does exist when you pick up or insert into a chest or something, but I don't know the simplest way.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Yeah probably impossible to do this right now. Maybe going to change in 0.15: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=34522

Congrats on 30K downloads. Amazing mod!