Factorissimo

Adds factory buildings you can walk into and build parts of your factory inside. This mod will not be updated for Factorio 0.15! Get Factorissimo2 instead, it's much better.

6 years ago
0.13.0 - 0.14

g How to represent defined factory in inventory (+snippet)

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi! Factorissimo - is SUPAMOD! It helps me to make mining and smelting outposts which accumulate tons of plates inside, and then I put this factory-outpost on my base and unload it using special unloading stations (8 ports on the left and right sides are for output). Thank you!

I dunno, may be it's unrealizable (but looks good), but what if the Factory, that was mined, will be represented in the inventory by blueprint, named as the factory and having preview of the factory? There is cool mod - renamer, that allows to name Factory, e.g. "Mining outpost" or "Power station" - the blueprint can have the same name. You could copy it's functionality, but renaming should begin with "R" key (Renamer uses Shift+R) pressed when Factory is selected (under cursor; as i remember Factories are not rotatable). After this blueprint is "deployed" it should be deleted from cursor_stack. And one more problem will be solved - factories, that were built and mined can't be used by robots (because it's blueprint, not placeable item). And also we'll be able to "stack" such Factories in blueprint books (does player hold book or blueprint in cursor_stack? What to delete if it's a book? EDIT: delete active_blueprint).

This way can help to resolve the issue with autorepairing items in inventory and will give us the way of identification.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Code to convert mined building into blueprint (example):

http://pastebin.com/CGqyUVzG