Factorissimo

Adds factory buildings you can walk into and build parts of your factory inside. This mod will not be updated for Factorio 0.15! Get Factorissimo2 instead, it's much better.

7 years ago
0.13.0 - 0.14

i Automatic lights idea

7 years ago

The factory and powerplant surface layouts could be improved with invisible non-colidable lights. No need for them to be special in any other way (other than maybe a larger radius), they should draw power, and turn off in the daytime (which would save power for people who have theirs set to always day). If I understand correctly it wouldn't be too hard to do. Another option that occurs to me is that you could have a new version that includes the lights, and actually requires lights in the recipe, though that might mean adding a new tech so the recipe can depend on both the lights tech and Architecture.

This would be a Quality of Life / Verisimilitude idea mostly, but I know in my case it would really make me happy. I keep imagining getting my first power plant running and watching all the lights inside come on.

7 years ago

You can put regular lights in there too, they will also light up as soon as the power plant starts running. Ceiling lights are already planned for higher tiers of factories.