Factorissimo

Adds factory buildings you can walk into and build parts of your factory inside. This mod will not be updated for Factorio 0.15! Get Factorissimo2 instead, it's much better.

6 years ago
0.13.0 - 0.14

b "Dead" Robots

7 years ago

If you enter/exit a Factorissimo Factory while Robots are trying to return to you, they'll freeze and be "dead"
You can't do anything to them except for shoot them out of the sky.

7 years ago

That's unusual. They should come back to you as soon as you enter, if you didn't take off your personal roboports in the meantime. Did this happen in a factory that contains another factory?

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I hadn't taken off any roboports.
And can confirm this happens for top level factories, and sub level ones too.

My test.
1. Place Factory
2. Have Blueprint with a few items.
3. Place Blueprint inside Factory
4. Immediately walk out.
5. Walk back in, frozen bots and new bots will be deployed to complete the job.

Edit:
I was running 0.13.15 and just updated to 0.13.16 with the same issue.
Running from a Standalone (ZIP) x64 install on Windows 10.

7 years ago

Tested it, this only appears to happen when there is a factory building on the same surface as the blueprints. This seems like an issue caused by Factorio improperly handling really extreme robot behavior edge cases that never ever appeared in-game until I added some bad entities such as zero-inventory zero-recharge-slot roboports, aka factory buildings.

7 years ago

So how should we work around this? I had the issue where I had robots removing stuff outside, and I walked into a factory. When I came back out, they were all "dead".

7 years ago

A simple fix would be to place a roboport in logistics range of the factory.

7 years ago

the way I found to fix this is by editing the mod, and making it so that the factory has 1 "slot" to hold robots... I also edited the construction area and made it a 1x1 area... The reason is that sometimes there's an area picking up / reparing a factory due to the 0x0 construction area :D