Factorissimo

Adds factory buildings you can walk into and build parts of your factory inside. This mod will not be updated for Factorio 0.15! Get Factorissimo2 instead, it's much better.

7 years ago
0.13.0 - 0.14

g Why does a factory building act like a zero roboport?

7 years ago

When you hover over a factory building it says it has zero construction area and so forth. Also it gets a dashed line to other roboports. What's up with that?

7 years ago

When adding new types of buildings, I can't just create a completely new building type, I have to choose from existing building types, and no building type is perfect for the job. I chose the roboport building type, since it has the qualities I need and its drawbacks are purely visual. I suspect I could change it to the accumulator building type, but changing the building type would invalidate all existing placed factories so I need to be very careful if I want to change that.

7 years ago

Is it impossible to create your own building type?
Or is it just very complicated?

7 years ago

Building types are defined in the C++ binaries, and mods only have access to the Lua API. So the least complicated way to add a new building type would be to ask the Factorio devs if they could pretty please add a brand new building type into Factorio just so I can use it in a mod.

7 years ago

Any buildings having names (backer names) are good for Factories, because you can name your factories using Renamer mod. So you can identify your factories standing on the ground.