Factorissimo

Adds factory buildings you can walk into and build parts of your factory inside. This mod will not be updated for Factorio 0.15! Get Factorissimo2 instead, it's much better.

7 years ago
0.13.0 - 0.14

g performance overhead per factory?

7 years ago

How big is the overhead, i mean performance reducing per factory or recursive factories?
Depending on that I might want to leave some industry out of factories ^^

great mod!

7 years ago

I did a playthrough up to the rocket where I put all my production factories. With 16 factories, each with a significant amount of connections, I am getting about 2 ms/tick overhead in total. Yeah, it's really not insignificant. Note that only the total number of factories and connections is important to performance, no matter how deep they are nested (although nested factories would have more connections than usual, of course). So yeah, if you're experiencing UPS issues with regular Factorio, then this mod will reduce your UPS by another say 30% if you put absolutely everything in factories. But I do believe a decent PC could handle at least 50 factories just fine without slowing down the game. And unless you're building a super-compact megabase, or using a bunch of big mods without using modules, I doubt you'll even come close to 50 factories. So you know what, how about you just try it out, and if it really doesn't work then just come back here and complain.

7 years ago

Hello MagmaMcFry, I tried to make just that A mega compacted base, (using bobs mods, and angles mods and few others) I notice after 30-40ish Factories, the USP and connection for other players decrease by more than 50%. I am now have to either do 2 things, blue print all my Factories and placethem outside. or wipe and start a new game. Its unplayable