Factorissimo

Adds factory buildings you can walk into and build parts of your factory inside. This mod will not be updated for Factorio 0.15! Get Factorissimo2 instead, it's much better.

7 years ago
0.13.0 - 0.14

i On Power management

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I understand that power only flowing into factory buildings is a design decision and not a technical limitation, and as far as I understand, that is to prevent the abuse of solar panels.

I feel like there is an overall better solution to this problem: simply make the surface always nighttime.
These are the reasons I believe this to be a better solution:
- More thematic consistency: after all, it should be dark inside a warehouse, and players can place lights if they want.
- Solves the solar panel abuse problem, obviously
- More intuitive power flow: after all, there is no good reason for why power can't flow both ways, and no good reason for steam engines not to work indoors.

As a sidenote, this opens up options for tiers of factory buildings:
With or without integrated accumulators
With or without integrated lighting
With or without integrated logistic chests (if doable)
With varying max energy throughput to/from the outside: this would limit the "maximum compactness" of a factory building dedicated to power.

7 years ago

Check out the new update I just released. Should address most of your suggestions. There is a pretty good yet rather obscure reason I can't just let power flow both ways in a single building: power would loop around and the power usage graph would become unusable. There is actually one particular way to avoid this, but that would prevent factories from being powered by accumulators (and that would suck, right?)

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

EDIT: Never mind I found the option I'm looking for in your config file. set power factory day/night to 2 and now all is well. Awesome mod! Leaving the original post here in case others have similar question. Delete at your discretion.

Original post:
I would very much be interested in the "one particular way to avoid this" that involves factories not being powered by accumulators. I'm using another mod that kinda turns game into a creative mode, and, since I'm not interested in a challenge (i.e. power management) would like an easier way of having infinite power: i.e. moon panels along with solar panels so I don't have to worry about power, but compatible with your mod.

7 years ago

If you want basically infinite power using just one power plant, you could set the power output multiplier to 1000 or something (and increase the power output limit). That way, power going out is amplified by 1000.

7 years ago

Magma, take a look at https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Simdezimon/flownetwork
It's a mod that takes control over how electricity flows between poles. Since it doesn't rely on vanilla power pole wiring it should be possible to do the same for buildings so that energy can flow in and out without loops and while still having accumulators working.

7 years ago

I dont understand how to even power the buildings let alone set lights inside.....:(

7 years ago

Ill be honest I shouldnt play this game due to how much I dont understand and then I get bobs mods and factorissimo and understand supremely less