Factorissimo


Adds factory buildings you can walk into and build parts of your factory inside. This mod will not be updated for Factorio 0.15! Get Factorissimo2 instead, it's much better.

9 years ago
0.13.0 - 0.14
53

i Circuit Network

10 years ago
(updated 10 years ago)

Is it possible to make a circuit network inside a factory which is accessible from outside? Would be cool to monitor what is happening inside the factory.

Another little feature would be a "copy factory"-Function. For example if you have a smelting-building you could copy it and use it for Copper, Iron, Steel and stone, without rebuilding it every time

Besides this, this is a really nice addition to the game. I'm having fun shrinking my production into this Factory-houses

10 years ago

Why not use blueprints for copy-pasting?

10 years ago

After making some thoughts, the copy-function would be unbalanced, because you are basically cheating in resources and new machines. So, yeah blueprints are the better option :)

But the thing with the circuit network is interesting i think. I noticed that you can attach a cable to the factory and a little yellow box appears, but i can't connect a wire to the substation inside the factory. I think there are people out there who will make some crazy stuff with this like a microcontroller made out of nested Factories and circuit networks :o

10 years ago

Nonsense. As long as copy-paste fails if you lack the resources, it will be fine. Also as long as it fails or spills if too many items are picked up.

10 years ago

Still wondering about the original question. interfacing the circuit network from outside :).

10 years ago

I would love circuit network factorissimo style. It would make it much more elegant to make sophisticated displays and other circuit network functions.

9 years ago
(updated 9 years ago)

I do believe one can use "connect_neighbour.wire_type.red" to connect the circuit network of the accumulator and the outside roboport entity without any further issues.

I have actually done so in my efforts to pick up a surfaces based mod, and tested (passing a whole bunch of different signals using a constant combinator through two paired accumulator_type entities)

9 years ago

I use FLAN (wireless networking) to get circuit connectivity inside my buildings. Works perfectly, but would be nicer and tidier to have circuit network support inbuilt into Factorissimo.

9 years ago

Also interested in circuit network working

9 years ago

I am currently working on a solution for circuit networks using a dedicated "circuit input" / "circuit output" constant combinator pair to pass signals in and out. hopefully itll work :)

9 years ago
(updated 9 years ago)

Serene... how far did you get with that?
I've just made my own implementation of Factorissimo + Circuits, using constant combinators in pairs to pass the data around.

It works perfectly, with signals propagated every tick, and I made 2 variants of the small-factory, one with a single pair of interfaces, and one with 4 pairs of interfaces. The only problem I have found is that actually sending signals through these things eats up performance... I didn't see an FPS drop in my tiny little test but I did see Factorissimo eating up thousands of microseconds just for one factory! I expect it to run like an absolute dog in real applications.

I could post it but I don't want to tread on anyone's toes, and I'd rather figure out a way to make it into it's own mod requiring Factorissimo as a prerequisite.