Screenshot Toolkit

* Snipping: Screenshots a selected area, similar to programs like the Windows Snipping Tool or Flameshot. * Timelapse: Automatically does screenshots of the whole base in set minute intervals. Written to be performance friendly. Aims to be your do-it-all toolkit for screenshots.

Utilities
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

g [Planned] Feature Request: (Fully) Auto Screenshots

2 years ago

Just a little idea to add a fully auto screenshot option where every surface that is occupied by a player is auto screenshotted on a specified interval; then the user doesn't even need to select the surface(s). Also helps with multiplayer worlds where one may want to track work on multiple surfaces when different people are using them, and it may be difficult to keep track of where people are travelling.

Settings would include which players to track, and any surfaces to always ignore.

Obviously, this is very much not a necessary feature, but as always I thought I'd share the idea anyway. :)

2 years ago

I like the idea a lot.

It is planned to redo the whole ui soon-ish, as there are a few features the current ui wouldn't support.

Currently, a user defines settings for auto screenshots in general and picks the surfaces they should be applied to. In the new ui there will be a "default" setting that serves as a template as well as a new entry for every surface to screenshot, which allows setting specific settings per surface.

I think that making some sort of ruleset part if the default settings regarding whether or not nee surfaces shall be screenshotted makes perfekt sense. The bare minimum could be a checkbox that simply applies the default settings to every new surface. A more complex one would be to have a name filter with wildcards. I like the idea.

I'm just constantlyy afraid of aiming too high and creating a product that is too complex for most people that just want a 1 minute experience with the mod to get a specific thing done.

2 years ago

I created a github issue that tracks this. This will be low priority though.

New response