Overhaul
5 years ago
0.13 - 0.14

g Quesstions and answers

7 years ago

If you got any questions reagarding the mod, post them here and we will try to answer them!

7 years ago

I put the mod in a clean folder and started Factorio. There are two unknown keys showing on the map gen page. Salpeter and magma.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Yeah, well i didnt update the key desription file with good desriptions. Hence it says unkonwn items.
There are 50 items like that...
Did it start?

7 years ago

Would be good to add some pictures and confirm if license is MIT in mod settings screen here on mods.factorio.com

7 years ago

Yes, it started, I flipped maps till I had some water in the middle and I plopped things down to start mining. Trying to figure out what goes where now. The unknown keys don't break it but it makes it harder to figure out at a glance what relates to which other bit.

7 years ago

Yes I understand that :)
The path for a easy start is hematite -> iron -> machineparts.
Wasterock-> crush for stone-> burn the stone to bricks.
Bricks for buildsegments and a few pipes.
Pure copper -> crush, -> burn for copper for wire.
Tech up steel one after u got like 15-20 burner miners on hematite.
Get some electricity, then steel sci potmaker and lab, get 10 steel sciencepots.
Get a large oven (90 machineparts, 40 buildsegments) then you can use iron slag and get steel.

7 years ago

Ok. I worked a lot of it out by playing for a couple of hours. I got automation 1 done with a sci lab. Drowning in dirt, rocks, gravel etc. Did you put in some way to destroy extra crud or am I shooting it? BTW, pollution lab is broken? -200 something MW power and it just sits flashing red. With so many parts per recipe, burner inserters are painfully slow. Also you might think of adding something like burner leech to feed inserters off machines with fuel.

7 years ago

The pollution eater lab is very experimental /broken.
Going to use a different thingy there for the idea of a pollution eater.

Dirt can be bricks with red oven (water+dirt= brick)

Gravel, if you sift them stack size goes up to 750, if you crush sifted gravel you get sand with stacksize 3k (very annoying process until you figure it out :)! ).
Sand can be managed in a couple of ways.
We usually have warehouses in when we play, but since I couldnt get in touch with the guy managing that mod, well I won't put it in out of respect for the mans work.

Long insterters are the key for some processes, and you got to figure out how to do certian processes because they are markedly different.

7 years ago

The gravel really is out of hand. Sifting it turns 1 gravel into 248. Sure it stacks to 750 (then later 3000) but it's multiplying like crazy.
Some of the research recipes that unlock the tier one pots need alien drops? Sulfur for example, there's no basic recipe to get started.

You should start a forum thread on the main factorio forum (WIP under mods would probably be the right place) and link it into the entry here. BTW, this was based off Bobs right? Diamond axes and some other things are the same.

7 years ago

You got an old version (i dont know how to update the versions properly, ie change file versions) where there was that bugg of turnig 1 gravel into 249 shifted ones.
It was up about 1 hour. The frist version you shifted 250 gravel at a time, but then your yield in gold, silver and platinum was based on 250 a piece.

With your current version its unplayable in short, if you can change things by yourself you go to: mods, prototypes, materials, gravel.lua ad change the recipie to
--require("prototypes.processing.pulverizer")

data:extend({
{
type = "item",
name = "gravel",
icon = "Engineersvsenvironmentalist/graphics/icons/materials/gravel.png",
flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
subgroup = "stone-base",
order = "g1[other]",
stack_size = 250
},
{
type = "item",
name = "processed-gravel",
icon = "Engineersvsenvironmentalist/graphics/icons/materials/gravel-processed.png",
flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
subgroup = "stone-base",
order = "g1[other]",
stack_size = 750
},
{
type = "recipe",
name = "gravel-crushing",
icon = "Engineersvsenvironmentalist/graphics/icons/materials/sand.png",
category = "crusher",
subgroup = "basic-processing",
order ="a-3",
energy_required = 1,
enabled = true,
ingredients =
{
{type="item", name="gravel", amount=10},
},
results = {{"gravel",8},{"sand",2}},
},
{
type = "recipe",
name = "gravel-sifting",
icon = "Engineersvsenvironmentalist/graphics/icons/materials/gravel-processed.png",
category = "sifter",
subgroup = "basic-processing",
order ="a-4",
energy_required = 1,
enabled = true,
ingredients =
{
{"gravel", 2},
},
results=
{
{"processed-gravel",2},
{type="item",name="gold-ore", probability=0.0001, amount_min=1, amount_max=1},
{type="item",name="silver-ore", probability=0.001, amount_min=1, amount_max=1},
{type="item",name="platinum-grain", probability=0.00001, amount_min=1, amount_max=1},
}
},

THe faulty line stated:
{"processed-gravel",249},

It should be:
{"processed-gravel",2},

I do not know the source of some of the things in this mod, I got in a few months into the project.
Seems like I got to ask the guys starting it and remove things or get persmission.

7 years ago

THe sulfur (and coal) got alien science pots I've not tested them that should unlock all 3 or 4 tiers of sulfur and coal.
Its was a idea of fancy passing through the entire tier of research.
There should be a sulfur tier one requiring a few sulfur to research, but well I got to learn how to sort the tech tree better.
The sorting of coal tech and sulfur tech needs this escpecially (coal needs a better tech picture, and sulfur probably need numbers on them.

7 years ago

Complex structure + unknown keys in description = very bad

But the idea looks promising.

7 years ago

This mod looks really cool, but pictures / more description of the tech trees processing lines would be nice, so I could get an idea of what I'm getting into without spending a few hours playing around (I'm always hunting for more mods for advanced/realistic tech to my collection)

Like I'm using Bob's Mods and a handful of other ones and I have no way of seeing how these two differ, or if I would get something really cool out of this (I tend to judge mods by how interesting the tech progression looks like and the aesthetic, not sure if other people approach mods similarly.).

7 years ago

Yeah I was thinking of adding a description of steel processing, sulfur processing and explosives track. Ideas history and their interconnectivity, and materialbalances. Thats the part I Like :)

In short guide:

Get hematite and a small part pure copper and lot of bitumen coal.
(pyrite suxs noone has ever used in through history of time, browncoal got its problems, here pyrite is good for sulfuric acid).

Hematite for plates -> steel-> (requires coke/coal processing 3) bessmer steel -> modern steel

Copper: -> cables, -> brown boards -> everything useful.

U need some explosives (gunpowder), bugged need to handcraft it. In order to get drills.

Wastemanagement: gravel -> shifted gravel -> sand (interesting process) -> cement -> concrete
Wasterock -> stone (can turn into buildsegments, or go for bricks

Bricks -> pipes, and buildsegments.

Dirt-> you need red oven, then turn dirt into bricks.

Explosives are for miningdrills of higher tier. They are faster.

7 years ago

any plans for an update soon, or are you holding out for 0.15? This mod sounded like great fun.

7 years ago

frederick fly on facebook and we sort it out. Dont want to spread it cos some parts are due to other peoples great effort without their permission. Mostly anonymouse and bobing about, great hard working people.

New response