Enchanted Electronics

Adds a difficulty for electronics circuits production and more realistic recipes. Adds new fluids and new materials like silicon and tin.

4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Green chips?

4 years ago

The newest version has a recipe for green chips which uses wood fiber. I don't see a recipe for green chips which doesn't use wood. Is there a way to produce more wood than what exists in terms of trees?

4 years ago

Yes, there is a recipe for producing woodfree electronic circuits that is unlocked once the search for "advanced electronics" is researched.

4 years ago

It's possible that if you have already unlocked this technology before the update, that it doesn't appear in the recipes which is annoying. If this happens to you, you will have to open the mode, go to prototypes, then recipes and finally find the recipe to produce the electronic circuits and change the line "enabled = false" to "enabled = true".

4 years ago

I hadn't reached advanced electronics yet, but I spawned on a map without many trees. Without either a way to synthesize wood or build green chips without wood, this is going to be very tedious. I think having access to a green chip recipe that doesn't require wood from the start of the game is important.

4 years ago

Having the recipe that does use wood is a nice way to get rid of the extra wood that collects on some maps, though.

4 years ago

FYI: you can run the force.reset_technology_effects() function to reapply all technology effects on recipes.

4 years ago

Yeah, I did not think of the problem that there would not be enough trees, I will update tomorrow to be able to add a building which will produce wood sticks which would then be transformed into wood fiber but in lower quantity than normal wood. Thanks for the advice.

4 years ago

That sounds like a good solution. I've seen other mods with greenhouse type buildings

4 years ago

Ah, so this is why there are two paths to producing "green" circuits. The advanced path is a lot more complicated and about the same price, so now there's not really an incentive to use it.

4 years ago

Wouldn't hate having the simple method be more expensive. Just hated that it stopped being possible once you ran out of trees.

I put aside Enchanted for a little while to play NE with some friends (it's fricken hard) but once we get that rocket launched I'll start a new map

New response