DivOresity

by Mylon

Ores are all mixed up! Adds a small logistical challenge dealing with impure ores. AKA "Diversity".

Content
7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Mining

g Problem with multiple ores requiring fluids

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm currently playing a game with Krastorio 2 and divOresity. K2 adds a rare metals ore which requires chlorine to mine. DivOresity mixes that with uranium, requiring sulphuric acid to mine. It seems that the mining drills randomly decide which ore to mine and then get stuck if the correct fluid is not present. Would it be possible to alter the drills' logic so they will only consider ores for which they have the mining fluid, if multiple ores are present? Or do I have to do some pipe voodoo to get multiple fluids in the drills? I could try to place my drills so the mixed ores are skipped, but that will get annoying and it may even be impossible to get all the desired ore that way.

Edit: Had I known which would happen I might have disabled the mixing of ores requiring fluids to mine. And maybe I should do that even now, though already generated ore fields obviously won't be changed. If it's impossible to change the logic of drills, maybe at least add a warning to the option and make it disabled by default?

3 years ago

There's no way to change the logic of the drills, but you could use a pump to pump mining fluid out of the drill to allow the other fluid to enter. Some tricky circuity could let you cycle letting it mine with one fluid for a while, then mine with another fluid for a while.

I may look into doing an internal check to see if all ores combined require more than 1 liquid and, if so, not mix those. I already differentiate between "hard" and "easy" ores so uranium does not appear in copper/iron patches so it should be easy to make sure rare metals does not mix with uranium.

3 years ago

I had the same problem, I did the lazy fix and added Cursed Filter Mining Drill as a work around.

3 years ago

Bumping this (Also K2's Rare Metals and Uranium)

3 years ago

You can read what it has, and turn it off if needed via circuits.

1 year, 14 days ago

This issue should be fixed now!

New response