Delete Empty Chunks

by Strath

Delete chunks which contain no player entities, configurable chunk radius & paving detection

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Any way to regenerate/delete chunks on custom map.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello, Thank you for this making this very useful mod! but I have a problem I'm playing on Post Collapse map and I want to regenerate chunks that were blank as I started the game, when I used this mod, it regenerated chunks that were part of the city etc. :( I have already tried to use Terrain Regeneration mod but it ate all of my 32 GB ram ended with error :((

4 years ago

So, I took a look at Post Collapse. Looked around in the scenario editor. Looks like the map generation settings produce no ore, biters, etc. So, outside of the city doesn't really exist as a playable area. Also, anything deleted will regenerate the same as the barren word. I am not sure why much of the city gets deleted. I expect that not it's not all set as player owned or player force owned.

I think that if you used something like ChangeMapSettings to alter the settings for newly generated chunks then explored a new area outside the city it would work. I could dig a little deeper on why some of the placed entities don't stop a chunk from being deleted however some areas in the city would be deleted regardless for lack of entities or paving. These would regenerate with whatever settings are active and won't match the hand painted map from the scenario.

4 years ago

Thanks for the response, well I'm still trying to figure it out I used the ChangeMapSettings before, yet there are some black/blank boxes of chunks in already discovered areas, I really wish I could do something about them maybe a lua command that allow to regenerate terrain and leave scenario map untouched ? I'm sure someone could write a command that does that. Sadly I don't know the how to write custom lua command. Or maybe you could do something about your mod that won't touch map from scenario? Is this doable ?

4 years ago

One of my other mods, DeleteAdjacentChunk, should work to clear up those chunks that aren't charting. You should know though that there can be some odd behavior from the game engine affecting border tiles/entities of nearby chucks.

4 years ago

Yes Thank you I already fixed the map with "DeleteAdjacentChunk" no more void chunks worked perfectly! :D something like this should be already in the games map editor and be more modular to select different or many chunks. super useful!

New response