DeathChest

by Zinal

Spawn a chest upon death containing all your stuff

Utilities
7 years ago
0.13 - 0.14

b Multiplayer Tank

7 years ago

in a multiplayer game if i ran over another player with a tank no death chest is spawned but the game crashed with error in lua script of this mod

7 years ago

33734.180 Info Synchronizer.cpp:465: NetworkTick(74006) peer(1) drop detection state(100/600).
36101.143 Error MainLoop.cpp:603: Exception at tick 4684548: Error while running the event handler: DeathChest/control.lua:80: Index out of inventory bounds.
36101.143 Error MultiplayerManager.cpp:129: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running the event handler: DeathChest/control.lua:80: Index out of inventory bounds."
36101.143 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:996: networkTick(215921) mapTick(4684548) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

7 years ago

Sorry for being unresponsive for a week.. For some reason I do not get any email notifications when someone posts a new discussion thread on this mod portal >.<.
I'll take a look at it first thing in the morning!

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Nevermind. Fixed (as far as I can tell) in 0.13.2

7 years ago

Zinal, there are three options to resolve this
1) as you do now ... eg. scrap items than don't fit (which does your fix in 0.13.2)
2) spawn aditional chest (1 or more)
3) have predefined multiple chests with different stack size

Main issue with size of chest is, when people using big inventory mod, or for example bobmods, where trough tech research and by equiping mk5 power armor you can go up to 300 slots (including trash)

7 years ago

You forgot option 4) Make a chest that is big enough to store everything :P
Anway, I've been experimenting with option 3 a lot as you stated in your post: It requires a lot of different prototypes (Which I don't like).

Seeing as your BlackBox mod doesn't have this problem by using option 2 and it's storing the crafting queue too, I'm thinking of discontinuing this mod for now.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

option 4 is ... idk, i thought about it at first, when i started using your mod. i counted all inventory slots i got (while using bob mods), was over 300. so 4th option is most likely having ridiculous 1000 stack chest or something and even them you might find someone who will have more mods, that will make inventory of even bigger size :D

that's also why opted for spawning multiple chests in my mod.

7 years ago

Yeah.. Too bad that you cannot change entity prototypes (or create new ones) in the middle of a scenario.. Anyway, like I said before, I'll be discontinuing this mod. I'll redirect them to your mod instead =P.

New response