Cursed Programable Inserters

by L0771

Inserters programables via GUI. All possible convinations.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 0.18

g Won't load mod

6 years ago

https://i.imgur.com/kGR1Rx7.png

This is on a clean install with only this mod active.

6 years ago

as of 5/5/2018, there is no release of this mod for 0.16, but bob's adjustable inserters does the exact same thing.

5 years ago

Yes, my idea was stolen... "exact same thing"

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

please ignore, accidentally clicked submit twice and can't delete

5 years ago

can ideas be stolen? as long as the code and/or implementation is not copied, i would support what they said about Factorio and Satisfactory in FFF-247.

on the surface (without looking at all the code) the only thing i can see is that both mods were released 23 months ago (that is probably the date when the mod portal started), with bobs inserters having release dates of 0.13 23 months ago, 0.14 21 months ago, 0.15 13 months ago, and 0.16 5 months ago, with 18 versions and a total of 310k downloads, while this mod has only 2 releases for 0.15 13 months ago and one release for 0.16 just today, with a total of 2.7k downloads. thus i would have assumed that this mod had been abandoned.

I'm currently using bobs inserters since that was (until today) the only such mod that was available for 0.16, although bobs mod results in some incompatibilities with other mods that i therefore couldn't use (eg several mods that test for his libraries and then assume that i have installed all his mods, which i don't want and have not installed). i would prefer a single standalone mod like this mod seems to be, with no need to install also a big library for lots of other stuff. but i want some functionality that i am used to now and that i am using, which are an improvement and extension to these basic functions (not a simple copy), eg selecting near/far (you said that in the description, but your pictures don't show where/how to set that option), maybe a max reach of 3+ tiles and not only 2 (useful to reduce the angle and make inserters even faster, and also needed when using some other mods that have machines with more inputs and outputs than just for 4 belts, or more than 2 belts when using beacons) and finally it would be nice if all these additional options for inserters would be guarded by some research and not be available right from the start. thus i might need to continue using the other mod for a while.
all the best wishes for this mod and that at some time it can replace the other multipart mod for my maps.

ps: your other mod (prestige system on resetting a map) seems to have been a nice idea too, but still a WIP and only available for 0.14 ... in the meantime there is another mod that allows to reset the map with different game settings (similar idea to continue on a new map, but still quite different), but that crashed on me :-(

5 years ago

Sorry, i should say "copy" (not stolen), when accidentally make a mod with the same functionality, i remember first​ versions, working​ with a lot of entities, but only need 1 line to add compatibility with 1 inserter (10 lines for 10 inserters), is easier than a new mod only for compatibility.

I'm updating my mods one by one, Cused-PS is a mod who I've written in a few hours, Cursed-PS needs a lot of work, a new surface reset and regeneration, new bonuses, consistency of bonus; I've worked 2-3 months only on Cursed-Exp, in comparation i thinks Cursed-PS needs 2-3 weeks.

New response